Grand Day Out details … please read
The Warwickshire Federation Grand day Out has been organised as part of the Centenary Celebrations for the Federation. Johnsons Coaches are generously providing the coaches at cost and we are all looking forward to a Grand Day Out in the City of Lincoln.
What time is my coach leaving?
These details are on your ticket, each ticket tells you the number of your coach, your departure point and time. Please do not be late as the coaches have to arrive in Lincoln on schedule.
Coach Number Pick up Point Departure time
1. Alcester High School 07.45
2. Alcester High School 07.45
3. Bilton School 08.30
4. Bilton School 08.30
5. Bishops Tachbrook Social Club 08.15
6. Bishops Tachbrook Social Club 08.15
7. Coleshill School 08.30
8. Johnsons Yard 08.00
9. Johnsons Yard 08.00
10. Nicholas Chamberlain School, 08.45
11. Nicholas Chamberlain School, 08.45
12. Polesworth School 08.30
13. Shipston High School 07.45
14. St Lawrence Primary school, Napton on the Hill 08.15
15. St Lawrence Primary school, Napton on the Hill 08.15
16. Stratford High School 08.00
17. Warwick School 08.15
18. Warwick School 08.15
What time do I need to get to my departure point?
Not more than 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time please. This is so that we can organise the parking as efficiently as possible.
Is there plenty of parking?
Yes, but it would be really helpful if you could share cars as much as possible please.
What do I do if I am unable to go?
Please ring the Office on 01926 419998 if you know that you can’t go before 3.00pm on Thursday 26th July. If it is after that time then please ring Anne Bufton-McCoy on 07738 008900 and leave a message.
If I can’t go then can I give my ticket to someone else?
We are really sorry but tickets are NOT transferable. We are obliged to keep accurate lists of everyone who is on the trip and their emergency contacts- with so many members going to Lincoln we wouldn’t be able to manage the changes accurately.
What do I need to bring?
Please bring your Bus pass if you have one, this will help with the small minibus service up and down the hill in Lincoln.
What do I need to wear?
Comfortable walking shoes! Check the weather forecast and bring a coat or brolly if necessary.
How many members are going?
Over 900 Warwickshire members are planning to attend. We have 18 coaches of various sizes. Please ensure that you get on the right coach because there are several coaches going from some of the departure points.
How long will the journey take?
In between 2 and 3 hours depending on your departure point. We have NOT scheduled a stop for all these coaches as every coach has a toilet facility on board and we would have had to start out at least 45 minutes earlier in order to schedule a stop.
What happens when we arrive in Lincoln?
All coaches will drop off their passengers outside Lincoln Cathedral, you will enter the Cathedral and collect your refreshments which are being generously provided by Johnsons. There are plenty of toilet facilities available and lots of seating.
I understand that David Clarke, photographer will be attending on the day to make sure we have a photographic record of the event. What do I do if I don’t want to be on any photographs?
It should be obvious who David is, as he will be the only male attending the event, and he will have lots of cameras. Please make sure that you let him know if you don’t wish to be on a photo, and move out of the way. It will be really hard for him to remember who said what so please help him as much as you can. We are expecting to use some of the photos he takes on social media, the website and in Corunna News so please be aware of this.
What is happening in the Cathedral?
Once everyone has arrived then there will be a brief welcome by the Dean of the Cathedral and then short speeches by the Mayor of Lincoln, the Chair of Lincolnshire Federation of WIs and Lynn Stubbings, National WI Chair. ( not forgetting the singing of Jerusalem!!)
We understand that free guided tours of the cathedral will be available after the service and you will be free to spend the rest of the day in Lincoln as you wish.
What is the timetable of events for the day?
Your day out will include …
Welcome at Lincoln Cathedral.
Free refreshments on arrival.
RAF Flypast (weather permitting.) 1pm
Free Goody Bag.
Free Shuttle Bus up and down the hill in Lincoln.
Free time for shopping or sightseeing.
What time do I need to return to the Cathedral pick up point?
1. Alcester High School Meet at 4.20pm for a 4.30pm departure
2. Alcester High School Meet at 4.20pm for a 4.30pm departure
3. Bilton School Meet at 4.35pm for a 4.45pm departure
4. Bilton School Meet at 4.35pm for a 4.45pm departure
5. Bishops Tachbrook Social Club Meet at 4.20pm for a 4.30pm departure
6. Bishops Tachbrook Social Club Meet at 4.20pm for a 4.30pm departure
7. Coleshill School Meet at 4.50pm for a 5.00pm departure
8. Johnsons Yard Meet at 4.35pm for a 4.45pm departure
9. Johnsons Yard Meet at 4.35pm for a 4.45pm departure
10. Nicholas Chamberlain School, Meet at 4.50pm for a 5.00pm departure
11. Nicholas Chamberlain School, Meet at 4.50pm for a 5.00pm departure
12. Polesworth School Meet at 4.50pm for a 5.00pm departure
13. Shipston High School Meet at 4.20pm for a 4.30pm departure
14. St Lawrence Primary School, Napton on the Hill Meet at 4.50pm for a 5.00pm departure
15. St Lawrence Primary School, Napton on the Hill Meet at 4.50pm for a 5.00pm departure
16. Stratford High School Meet at 4.20pm for a 4.30pm departure
17. Warwick School Meet at 4.35pm for a 4.45pm departure
18. Warwick School Meet at 4.35pm for a 4.45pm departure
What time can I expect to return to my original starting point?
The return journey is expected to take between 2 and 3 hours depending on distance. We hope that everyone will be back at their starting point by 7.30 pm at the latest. This is, however dependent on traffic and road conditions.
If you have any further questions then please email Sarah on ku.oc1534454292.iwfw1534454292@nimd1534454292a1534454292 or ring her on 01926 419998