Outings & Events
Every outing or event featured here are advertised through Flyers which are sent to the WIs in our monthly mailings. You can also download the current ones from this site by clicking on the appropriate events in the listings.
Bookings are made through your WI Secretary, you tell her that you would like a ticket for the event or trip and pay her the correct fee. She will collate all of the orders, complete the necessary forms and order the tickets from Federation House for you. We are sorry but at the moment we are unable to process ticket requests from individual members.
Sometimes events and visits are open to guests. However, our 4000+ Warwickshire WI members will always be our priority.
- This event has passed.
The 2019 Lane Cup – “Sporting Prowess”
March 18 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm£5
Reflecting the WI’s commitment to Sports Week.
An exhibit using natural plant material and incorporating items of sports equipment
(e.g. footwear, glove, hat, bat, ball)
To be judged from the front.
Space allowed 45 cm by 45 cm (18″ x 18″) height unlimited.
The exhibit will be staged on tables.
This competition is open to all WIs in WFWI
• One entry per WI. Entry fee £5. Plus maximum flower budget £20. (All costs should be met by your WI).
• Staging to take place by no more than two members from 8am on the morning of the AFM and must be completed by 9am, when judging will take place.
• Judging will be by an NFWI Flower Judge in accordance with On with The Show (revised edition 2012) which is available on MYWI.
• The winner will be announced during the morning meeting when the presentation of the Lane Cup will take place.
• Exhibits will be available for viewing during lunch time and must be collected at the end of the day before 4.45pm.