The Trustees of the Federation are elected biennially by the members of Warwickshire Federation. The Board of Trustees is responsible for furthering the WI movement and has a legal obligation to run its affairs within the values and object of the National Federation and within Charity Law. The Board represents the NFWI within the Federation and co-ordinates the work of the WI in Warwickshire.
Any member can be nominated as a Trustee by a Warwickshire WI and all of the Trustees work on a voluntary basis but are able to claim travel costs and other expenses such as postage etc. Every WI is linked to a nominated Trustee who is available to assist the WIs whenever required and keep the WIs informed of developments and events in the area.
2018 is a special year for Warwickshire Federation, when the Centenary of the Federation will be celebrated with numerous additional events. A Cookbook containing contributions from many members has been produced and details of how to purchase this are contained within the Yearbook. A Centenary Produce and Craft Show will bring together the many talents of Warwickshire members.
The Board of Trustees organises the Annual Federation Meeting, renamed the Centenary Federation Meeting for 2018, held in spring each year, and co-ordinates the work of the other sub committees across the Federation to ensure a wide range of events are held for the benefit of members. The Trustees also arrange other major events during the year and are responsible for the content and production of the Corunna News each month and for the running of the Federation office and the staff who work there.
The Board is always keen to promote the WI whenever possible and is constantly looking for opportunities to enhance the Federation’s reputation and increase membership.
If you need stationery or sales items please feel free to visit the office, where you will be made most welcome. The Trustees also welcome visits from WIs who wish to learn more about the role of the Federation and its Trustees. The Trustees are keen to visit WIs and would welcome invitations to any special events that are organised.
The Officers of the Federation
- Chair, Digital Strategy – Anne Bufton-McCoy
- Treasurer – Sue Myhill
- Vice Chair, Press & Publicity – Veronica Chapman
- Vice Chair – Christine Dyer
The Trustees of the Federation
- CNS, Health & Safety, Chair Leisure Activities – Julia Baker
- CNS, Chair of Public Affairs Committee, Archivist, ACWW Ambassador – Gillian Crisp
- Denman Ambassador, WI Adviser – Sue Ensor
- Assistant Treasurer, WI Adviser – Yvette Hunt
- Chair Membership and Promotion, WI Adviser – Ruth McCartney
- Chair Creative Activities, WI Adviser – Margaret Pilkington
- Buildings, NFWI Vice Chair – Jeryl Stone
- Sales & Merchandise – Heather Howell
- Co-opted Trustee – Sue Gill
- Co-opted Trustee – Fiona Riley